Summer weather calls for summer drinks. 21 Hayes by my neighborhood bar, Absinthe. (muddled cucumber, Pimm’s no. 1, Plymouth gin, lemon, simple)
That collar roll!
The GESTALT one piece spread collar in burgundy piqué. We’ve upgraded the polo shirt. See more at www.gestaltclothing.com
#menswear #weargestalt #gestalt #comingsoon
Suede maintenance night.
Prepping for the first photo shoot. As captured by fromsqualortoballer.
Presenting the GESTALT long sleeve polo in speckled grey. Featuring contrasting gussets and buttoning cuffs. A favorite for summer. #weargestalt #comingsoon #menswear
I am in love with this fabric. We designed this exclusive pique in close partnership with a mill in Portugal that specializes in knits.
Follow gestaltclothing for the latest updates on our upcoming launch.
After many rounds of revisions and samples, I am proud to present the GESTALT collar. Composed of five pieces of fabric, including a soft woven interfacing and interior and exterior stands, this collar is designed to stand tall while rolling beautifully. We achieved the natural roll by taking inspiration from the Italians, using a one piece collar where the collar band and leaf are cut from a single piece of fabric and finished it off with a cutaway spread. The result is a collar that exudes casual elegance. (at GESTALT HQ)
I am excited to share the latest update on a menswear project that I have been working on for the last year. I couldn’t be happier with our most recent sample. We will be launching in a few months offering men a better fitting and better built polo shirt. You can find us everywhere at @gestaltclothing. Many more updates to follow!
In an earlier post I stated that not all bad purchases need be discarded and that some can be saved with a little creativity. This is the process I followed to dye my suede shoes.
- Horsehair and/or suede brush
- Latex gloves - Suede dye will dye your hands
- Newspaper to protect the surface of your table (I found the long-staple paper fiber of a Cucinelli bag to be perfect for the task)
- Masking tape
- Fiebing’s Suede Dye
- Cotton applicator (should come with the dye)
- Edge dressing
- Suede water proofer
- Prepare your work area by laying out the newspaper.
- Lightly brush the shoes with the suede brush to remove any dirt and freshen the nap.
- Mask the interior of the shoe with the masking tape to shield it from the dye.
- Prior to applying the dye put on your latex gloves as suede dye is very hard to wash off skin.
- Evenly apply the dye to the surface of the shoe. Use the toothbrush to work the dye into the tough spots.
- Let dry over night and freshen the nap again with the suede brush.
- Apply as many coats of dye as necessary. Allow the shoes to dry completely between coats. I applied two coats.
- Apply the edge dressing as necessary.
- Once the dye is dry and you’re happy with the color brush them with the suede brush and apply the water proofing spray. I recommend a silicon-free spray. This not only protects the suede but also serves to lock in the dye.
WIWT - Typical office wear
As shot by fromsqualortoballer.
Aether Apparel | Suitsupply | Alden | Levi’s STF | Howard Yount | Carmina
The #menswear scene on tumblr is an interesting one; there is a lot of wonderful original content out there, but also a ton of stock photography and runway shots that get passed around endlessly… I wanted to point my new readers toward other blogs churning out the good stuff. These are small blogs run by normal guys that are actively putting out great content and have a sense of style that I appreciate (or envy, in most cases). Enjoy!
I am humbled to be included on this list among such great gents, many of whom I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in the flesh. Thank you for the mention, Ian!
To all my new followers, Welcome!
Whether you found this blog through fromsqualortoballer's list or GQ’s reblog, I just wanted to extend a warm welcome and give my thanks for diverting a portion of your precious attention to my musings.
As Ian aptly put it, my tumblr strives to be an “example of how dressing casually can still be sharp. A great resource for the casual dresser looking to up their game.” I have great content in the works and look forward to sharing it with you.
Super Bowl shopping: House slippers by Armor Lux. They run snug. Size up one.